Naru Studios Limited (collectively referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this notice) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. We are dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
THE PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This notice aims to provide you with information about how we collect and process your data. This includes what personal data we collect, how we use your data, how we ensure your privacy is maintained and your legal rights relating to your personal data.
It is important that you read this Privacy Notice together with any other documentation on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
We may collect the following information about you:
- Identity Data: title, first name, last name;
- Contact Data: your contact details, postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses
- Financial data: should you engage our services, your payment details;
- Orders and purchases made by you;
- Your communication and marketing preferences;
- Your correspondence and communication with us;
- Publicly available personal data including information shared on social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
This list is not exhaustive and in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. Most of the above personal data is collected directly, i.e. volunteered by you when filling in forms, via email.
[We will not collect any sensitive data about you.]
The age of consent to data collection in the UK is 13. Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children under this age.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
We use your personal data for:
- Providing our services to you;
- Notifying you on the status of your order;
- Providing information to you relating to our products or services;
- Sending out invoices;
- Internal record keeping;
- Sending you relevant information updates should you sign up to receive them (including our monthly newsletter);
- Promotional and Marketing purposes: with your agreement, to contact you via email, about relevant promotional offers, products and services which we think may interest you;
- Developing new products and improving services;
- Client insight and market research purposes, which helps us to better understand your needs;
- Enabling us to manage all interactions with you;
- Where we have a legal right or duty to disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
We may use your personal data for electronic marketing purposes and providing updates on products and services which are of interest and relevant to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving personal communications at any time by:
1. Clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of emails.
2. Contacting us directly via the contact details within this policy.
If you visit our website, you may receive personalised advertisements for our products and services whilst using other websites. Any advertisements you will see will relate to products or services you have viewed whilst browsing our website on your computer or other devices of which we believe are of interest to you.
We may process data about your use of our website and services (“usage data”). The usage data may include your IP address, location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing and pattern of your service use. This is used to allow us to process and analyse the use of our website.
LEGAL BASIS FOR USING YOUR DATA
We are required to set out the legal basis for our processing of your personal data.
We collect and use your personal data as it is necessary:
- To pursue our legitimate interests;
- For the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of products to a client;
- To comply with our legal obligations; or
- Where you have consented to the use.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
OUR LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
The usual basis for processing your data is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests which include:
- Selling and supplying products to our clients;
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products;
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to clients;
- Understanding client behaviours, preferences and needs;
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- Complying with legal and regulatory obligations;
- Preventing crime and fraud;
- Handling client contracts, queries, complaints and disputes (including refunds);
- Managing any claims made by clients (including legal).
SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
Our services providers and suppliers
To make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our suppliers, marketers and our accountants.
We only allow those third parties to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We do not allow third parties to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Other third parties
Aside from our suppliers, marketers and accountants, we will not disclose your personal data to any other third party, except for those set out below:
- Third party identification verification partner, Passbase;
- Third party marketing partners such as Klaviyo, Google Analytics, Shopify or Facebook (to deliver advertising);
- We store your information on all some of the following: Gmail and Google Drive;
- Government bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so.
We will never sell or rent your data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy notices. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
To deliver products and services to you, it may be necessary for us to share your data outside of the United Kingdom (“UK”). This will occur when service providers are located outside the UK. We shall ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to your data when using these service providers.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
The measures we have implemented are:
- Strong passwords;
- Two-factor authentication;
We will strive to protect your data in all means reasonably required by us to do so. However, no internet site can be 100% secure and so we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond our control.
We have appropriate measures in place to deal with any personal data breaches and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW YOU CAN HELP US PROTECT YOUR DATA
We will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from us asking you to do this, please ignore it and do not respond.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will retain your data until we receive your request for your information to be deleted by us.
If you no longer wish for us to hold your information, you can contact us (see rights below). However, please note we have a legal requirement to keep some of your personal data even after you have asked us to delete it to ensure that we can meet our legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud or enforce our contract with you.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF YOUR DATA?
You have rights relating to your personal information, these are:
- To ask for a copy of the personal data that we hold about you and check that we are lawfully processing it (right to access);
- To request that we delete or remove personal data held on you, where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (right of erasure). Note: we may not always be able to comply with your request for erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request;
- To ask us to update and correct any incomplete or inaccurate personal data that we hold about you (right of rectification);
- To opt-out of any marketing communications that we may send to you and object to us using/holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (right to object);
- To ask us to restrict processing of data, this enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data (only in certain circumstances);
- To ask us to supply you or a third-party with some of the personal data we hold about you in a machine-readable format (right to data portability/transfer);
- To withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details below.
You will not have to pay a fee to exercise any of the rights above. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity, this is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
We try to respond to all requests within one month. This may be longer if the request is complex, we will notify you if this is the case.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
If you have questions about this Privacy Notice or want to exercise your rights, you may contact us using the details set out below.
Naru Studios Ltd
Prama House, 267 Banbury Road, Summertown, Oxford, OX2 7HT
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to lodge a complaint at any time with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find further information, including contact details at https://ico.org.uk.
This notice was last updated on the 3rd May 2022.
We may update this notice from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this notice.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
- [Keeping you logged into your account;]
- [Identifying what pages are being used to analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website;]
- [Monitoring which pages you find useful and which you do not;]
- [Keeping track of your specific preferences;]
- [Analysing how you use our website which helps us to troubleshoot any problems and monitor our own performance;]
- [Sending you promotional emails about new products, offers and other information based on your preferences; and]
- [Preventing fraudulent activity and improving security.]
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
You can disable these cookies through your browser settings, not through our website:
- Google Analytics
Please note that we do not allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
Cookies help us to provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Note: strictly necessary cookies are always on when you visit our website.
You can block cookies at any time but please note that may mean you will be unable to access all or parts of our website, or that some of it might not work properly for you.
You can opt-out and remove cookies from your PC by using these guides:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835#/en-us/kb/278835
HOW LONG DO YOU STORE COOKIES FOR?
Cookies can be stored for varying lengths of time on your browser or device. Session cookies are deleted from your computer or device when you close your browser, but persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer or device until deleted or until they reach their expiry date.
We may update this policy from time to time. If we make significant changes, we will let you know, but please do check this policy regularly to ensure you are aware of the most updated version.